Chocolate Grinding Circulation Attritors
How Circulation Attritors Work
The circulation grinding Attritor ("Q" machine) is a combination of an Attritor and a large holding tank which is generally about ten times the size of the Attritor. The unique principle of the "Q" Attritor is the high circulating (pumping) rate, which results in a faster grind and a narrower particle size distribution.
The Circulation Attritor has the advantages of good temperature control due to the large, jacketed holding tank.
Learn more about the Circulation Process.
Advantages of Using a Circulation Attritor:
- Features high pumping rates that result in faster grind and narrower particle size distribution.
- Easily grinds down to 20 microns – 10 microns.
- Reproducible results from batch to batch.
- Allows continuous monitoring of slurry and addition of ingredients to the premix tank at any
time during the grinding.
- Low power consumption.
- Low maintenance with minimum down time.
- Has a jacketed grinding tank specially designed for temperature control.
The holding tank is also jacketed for greater temperature control.
Common Applications for Attritors:
- Cocoa liquors
- Dark or milk chocolate
- Confectionery compound coating
- Ice cream coatings
- Chocolate nut paste
- Nut dispersions
- Spice dispersions
- Cheese/oil dispersions
|Grinding Tank Capacity (gals.)|
|Media Volume (gals.)|
|Recommended Holding Tank Capacity (gals.)|
|Pumping Rate* (gpm)|
|Total Height (A)|
|Base to Discharge Spout (B)||–||32"||37"||43"||53"||59"|
|Floor Space (W x D)||26" x 50"**||33" x 46"||37" x 53"||41" x 60"||50" x 70"||63" x 78"|
|Weight (lbs.) w/o media|
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHTS ARE APPROXIMATE.
Circulation Attritors designated as “QL” include specially configured arms and disks.
*Pumping rate is somewhat lower with higher viscosity slurries.
**Dimensions and weights are for complete system.