The Union Process
Stirred Vertical Ball Mill Limestone Grinding System
for wet grinding limestone for flue gas desulphurization. The
process uses limestone feed stock of approximately 6mm in size
and wet grinds the limestone to 95% minus 325 mesh. The CL
Attritor operates in continuous processing mode. The CL Attritor
is the primary component of a grinding circuit which typically
includes the separation tank, mill recirculating pump, mill product
tank, hydrocyclone, hydrocyclone feed pump and all necessary
controls. Due to the CL Attritor’s high efficiency, the power
consumption for this mill is 50% less compared to conventional
ball mills of a similar size. This results in substantially lower
1. The process begins with 1-1/2" limestone, which is fed
from the silo to the crusher.
2. The limestone is reduced to 6mm pieces in the crusher.
3. The crushed limestone is then mixed with water in the
Premix Chamber and fed into the CL Attritor Mill.
4. The limestone slurry exits the CL Attritor Mill and
enters the Separation Tank.
5. Any oversized particles are pumped back into the Mill
while finer slurry overflows into the Mill Product Tank.
6. The slurry is then fed through a hydrocyclone with the
under flow returned to the separation tank.