The Union Process
Stirred Vertical Ball Mill Lime Slaker
operates in continuous processing mode and has been used
successfully in power generating plants for flue gas desulphurization
(FGD). The Attritor will slake the lime as well as grind the inert grit,
eliminating grit separation and disposal problems.
Because of its compact size, the Attritor Stirred Ball Mill Lime
Slaker will readily fit under the skirt of the lime silo making it
unnecessary to have an additional building to house the mill.
This results in substantial savings in space and cost.
As worldwide leaders in fine grinding technology, the
Union Process CLS Attritor Stirred Vertical Ball Mill Lime Slaker is
the principal component in the Lime Slaking System produced by
CHEMCO SYSTEMS L.P. (Monongahela, PA). CHEMCO SYSTEMS
is the largest manufacturer of bulk storage and feed systems in the
United States (
1. Quick lime is withdrawn from the lime silo via a screw feeder.
2. Dry lime and proportional water are mixed in the premix chamber and fed to the
CLS Attritor Lime Slaker.
3. The slaked lime and grit discharges from the slaking mill into the separation tank.
4. The separation tank is comprised of two chambers (primary and secondary) that are
separated by a wall which allows slurry to flow from the bottom of the first chamber
to the second chamber.
5. The coarse grit settles to the bottom of the first chamber and is pumped back to
the mill for further grinding. The finer particles of hydrated lime flow upward in the
second chamber and exit the separation tank to the lime slurry storage tank.